Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 13 - Ask for a Favor


{As Benjamin Franklin recommended, “If you want to make a friend, let someone do you a favor.” Allow yourself to ask for a favor, for help, for advice, for suggestions. 

Studies show that for happiness, providing support is just as important as getting support. By offering people a way to provide support, you generate good feelings in them. And on your side, asking for a favor is a sign of intimacy and trust. The fact that you’ve asked for a favor shows that you feel comfortable being indebted to someone.
So asking, and receiving, a favor generates good feelings on both sides.
One of my most helpful Secrets of Adulthood is “It’s okay to ask for help.” Asking for help is a very useful way of asking for a favor. I’m absolutely mystified by asking for help is so hard for me. So often, I can just solve a problem by asking for help—which is almost always freely and cheerfully given.
Resolve to “Ask for a favor.” It’s a surprisingly effective way to show affection and trust in a relationship.}

Today was an easy one. To ask for a favor. That seems like I'm doing that a lot sometimes. But today it was just a simple one - come with me to Sam's Club to get stuff for work. Easy. Also he asked me a silly little favor. To print out a coupon for FREE SHRIMP at the PANDA. I don't like it but he does and I'm glad to go with him and get some for him.  Fun :D Easy Feel Good

No comments: