Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5 - Waterfall, Beach, Canyon

We went to see a pretty waterfall off the side of the road. This was the waterfall they used in the Fantasy Island TV Series.


Wailua Falls are really pretty :D










Next we went to a gorgeous beach.




It's called Polihale Beach. But we nick-named this one Pothole Beach because the road to get there was FILLED with potholes.

This beach has to be my favorite one!! The sand was so soft and clean and the color of the water was unreal!! The views of the mountains all around you just pulled it all together and made it perfect to me!!
What an amazing beach!!


Emalee decided to stay dry and come layout for a while :D


Shadow picture . . . . awwwww cute :D


Can you even imagine a better beach?  Seriously gorgeous!!


Perfect views don't you think?










Then we decided to head up.



Next stop Waimea Canyon.

It's hard to believe you could have such a large canyon on an island. I'm not sure why exactly that it's so amazing to me, but it is. I thought it was pretty cool, I loved all the myriad of colors you could see. It looked like fall time to me.




We started out on a little hike, but we didn't get very far.  We were just too cold. How could 61° be cold? Somehow though it was very cold. In our defense we were in swimming suits and sarongs. Okay. . .I had a rain jacket on and Emalee had a light jacket too, but we were freezing. We thought we'd come back - but it'll have to be the next time we come.

Look at these cool plants we found up there.  
This thing is a ferny looking plant and I think this is the new fern branch coming out. Cool !!


This looks like an ancient flower to me - maybe during the jurassic age :D


Jeffrey found some seed pods. Would't that be cool if we could grow it at home.


And .  .  .  .  .  .
of course .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
we found chickens too hahaha :D






After getting so cold, we had to find some sun.


So next stop Poipu Beach.

This beach is a hotel/condo beach. It was close to lots and lots and lots of condos and hotels and we were a little worried it would be crowded. It was later in the day though and so we lucked out, not many people. We were entertained by Kendal who was body surfing. Only I missed it all! Never once pulled out the camera. It looked like a lot of fun but none of us wanted to get wet again. I so wish I had some pictures of it, but I know that I'll never forget it.


Then we saw a sleepy seal. I tried to wake it up until I got yelled at!! Geeeesshhh sorry Emalee (rule natzi ;) j/k LOL

No comments: