Thursday, May 27, 2010

positive thoughts


Today I'm working hard towards being positive. I am going to search for good - I know I can find it. I want to talk about the positive things in life - no more drama and working through frustrations (at least out loud). Okay so how do you do this when everything around you seems negative and drags you down??? Well - search for it. I looked up positive thinking techniques online and found a whole slew of ideas. Here are some of my favorites.

1. Fake it til you make it!! (this one is my favorite ;)

2. You REALLY DO have to count your blessings!!

3. Smile :) - you should try it. It's hard to feel ornery or grumpy when you smile.

4. Be Silly - Pretend - Act Like a Kid (look at pictures of kids - it will make you smile - promise)

5. Relax and let things happen. Don't dwell! Don't get caught in the THICK of thin things.

6. Exercise - get physical - dance

7. Associate yourself with those who think positively. You can benefit from attitudes of others.

8. Do something nice - look for the good in others.

9. Listen to something upbeat!! Music makes your mood - happy music=happy mood ϋ

10. Redirect your thoughts. If you hear something negative - take a deep breath and redirect your thoughts. (this one is hardest for me - it helps if you get help from those around :)

These were just 10 of the ones that were my favorite and that I'm trying hard to work on today - want more??? Here's the link http://www.rncentral.com/nursing-library/careplans/100_positive_thinking_exercises_to_incorporate_into_your_life

1 comment:

Pam Hyer said...

A neighbor of mine who has very young twin toddlers had her mother share this advice. She said "hopefully one day you will look back at this time and laugh, so you might as well laugh now!"

Pres Uchtdorf shared this thought at the YW conference - I just put in in the camp journals for my YW: "Enduring adversity is not the only thing you must do to experience a happy life...How you react to adversity and temptation is a critical factor in whether or not you arrive at your own 'happily ever after.'...Be strong and of a good courage...Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your 'once upon a time' is now."

Keep trying - don't give in.