Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Memories


Christmas this year was really weird for me this year. I think it had to do with several things. First of all both my parents are gone and it was weird carrying on traditions without them. The other reason was that we had everything ready for Christmas probably by the middle of October and I think I just had a hard time holding onto the Christmas Spirit that long.

















Then the last reason is because Zac lost the "magic" of Christmas this year and that was weird to see him be excited but not have that same magic in his eyes. It turned out really great though. The kids had a really fun day. Their big famiy present was a Wii from Santa and I was worried that would be all they wanted to do, but they played with their other things for a long time first and then finally tried out the Wii. That was great.





















As you can see there were still plenty of happy smiles and when Christmas finally came the kids still had a great time. I am just glad it got here, we had a good time and it's all done.

















We also got two tons of snow!! Jeff's parent's always come out to our house for breakfast and I wasn't sure if they'd be able to come, but after shoveling the driveway and walks at least three times and them coming out in four wheel drive and very slowly - they made it!!

































Here's my attempt at showing you how much snow we got. It was kind of fun in a way because that's what Christmas time brings - snow!! It gives it a great Christmas feel! I guess there were a lot of people who wanted a white Christmas!!

2 comments:

Nichol Family said...

Wow... you really did get a lot of SNOW! Thanks for the pictures. I love to see the kids smiles and the fun Christmas you guys had. We sure missed you guys and can only imagine how different it must be with out your parents. I sure love and miss you guys.
P.S. I can't wait to see your warm pictures of Hawaii. Have a wonderful time. Wish we could be there to enjoy it with you.

Trudi & Gary said...

What a sight! Your backs must be sore from shoveling - great way to get a workout, however, if you can't get to the gym.
Looks like your boys had a great time Christmas morning - thanks for sharing :-)